View the latest technical specifications for our software offerings.
Mac Studio: Apple M1 Max chip, Apple M1 Ultra chip
iMac 24": Apple M1
Mac mini: Apple M1/M2/M2 Max
MacBook Air: 13" Apple M1 (8-core CPU), Apple M2 chip (8-core CPU)
MacBook Pro: 13"/14"/16" Apple M1, Apple M1 Pro chip (8/10-core CPU), Apple M1 Max chip (10-core CPU), Apple M2 chip (8-core CPU)
• 11/12/13 Ventura (macOS 14 Sanoma Beta)
• Apple M1, M1 Max, M1 Ultra, M2 with macOS 11/12/13 (Main version)
• Intel® Mac with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina (C-Version)
• Intel® Core i3, i5, i7 processor,Intel® Core 2 Duo, Intel® Xeon (C-Version)
• Minimum 8GB or more (recommended for larger videos)
• Minimum 10GB free disk space for general usage
• Minimum 2GB Video RAM / 7-core GPU
• Internet connection for installation and operation if using ilok Cloud
• Network connection for MIDI over WIFI/Ethernet
• USB-port for iLok 2/3 authorisation
• Display with 1080p resolution or higher
Mac Studio: https://www.apple.com/nz/mac-studio/
Mac Pro: https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT202888
Mac mini: https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201894
Mac Book Pro: https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201300
Mac Book Air: https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201862
• iLok Account
• iLok 2.0/3.0 USB device
• iLok License Manager
• Computer running Mac OS X 10.9.5 or higher
• Available USB port
VoiceQ uses Apple’s Core MIDI functionality and works with most MIDI interfaces supported under OSX. VoiceQ has been officially tested for use with:
• Avid Mbox Mini family Products, Avid Mbox Pro family Products, USB MIDI DUO
The recommended Jog Wheel hardware is the ShuttleXpress and ShuttlePro series provided by Contour Design Inc. and is available in most countries. Other configurable jog wheel hardware products for Apple Mac may also be compatible.
Blackmagic Design Intensity
Intensity Shuttle and Intensity Extreme lets you capture and playback in the most incredible quality HDMI and component analog video in both SD and HD.
AVID Pro Tools® (legacy versions)
VoiceQ works with any external Pro Tools system, via a MIDI Interface, irrespective of whether it is on a Windows or MacOS based platform.
VoiceQ is compatible with any version of Pro Tools where separate machines are used.
When using Pro Tools and VoiceQ on the same machine, the minimum Pro Tools version is Pro Tools 11.1.0 64-bit.
AVID Pro Tools® 12
Refer to this link for the hardware requirements for Pro Tools: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/Pro-Tools-12-System-Requirements
AVID Pro Tools® 2020
Refer to this link for the hardware requirements for Pro Tools: http://www.avid.com/
Apple Logic Pro®
Refer to this link for the hardware requirements for Logic Pro X: http://www.apple.com/nz/logic-pro/specs/
iLok License Manager
Required for use with the VoiceQ software to access products.
Required for use with iLok 2.0/3.0 USB
• Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc.
• CSV "comma-separated values" (.csv) files.
• Microsoft Word XML Format DOC "Document file" (.docx, .doc) files.
• Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc. XLS "XML-based spreadsheet" (.xls, xlsx) files.
• Default text editor TXT "text files and binary files" (.txt) files.
• SubRip Files SRT Subtitle file (.srt) files.
• Final Draft FDX Final draft script (.fdx) files.
• TTAL (.ttal) file format
• EBU SEF (.stl) file format
• SMPTE TTS - (.dfxp, .ttml, .xml) files.
• Database format files (.json)
• VoiceQ Sync files from CaptionSync (.vqsync)
NOTE: We dedicate significant engineering resources and time to test and qualify specific platform configurations. While other systems may operate without problems, please understand we can provide better support if you choose to use a tested and qualified system.