View the latest technical specifications for our software offerings.
Mac Studio: Apple M1 Max chip, Apple M1 Ultra chip
iMac 24": Apple M1
Mac mini: Apple M1
MacBook Air: 13" Apple M1
MacBook Pro: 13"/14"/16" Apple M1
• Intel® Mac with macOS 10.9.5/10.10.5/10.11.5/10.12/10.1310.14/10.15
• Intel® Core i3, i5, i7 processor,Intel® Core 2 Duo, Intel® Xeon
• Apple M1, M1 Max, M1 Ultra with macOS 11/12
• Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended for larger videos)
• Minimum 1GB free disk space for general usage
• Minimum 2GB Video RAM
• Internet connection for installation
• Network connection for MIDI over WIFI/Ethernet
• USB-port for iLok 2/3 authorisation
• Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
Mac Studio: Apple M1 Max chip, Apple M1 Ultra chip
Mac Pro: Mac Pro 6,1 / Mac Pro 5,1 / Mac Pro 1,1
iMac: iMac 18,x / 17,1 / 15,x / 14, x / 13, x
Mac mini: Mac mini 7,1 / 6,2
Mac Book Pro: Mac Book Pro 14,x / 13,x / 12,x / 11,x / 10,x / 9,x
Mac Book Air: Mac Book Air 7,2 / 6,x
• iLok Account
• iLok 2.0/3.0 USB device
• iLok License Manager
• Computer running Mac OS X 10.9.5 or higher
• Available USB port
VoiceQ uses Apple’s Core MIDI functionality and works with most MIDI interfaces supported under OSX. VoiceQ has been officially tested for use with:
• Avid Mbox Mini family Products, Avid Mbox Pro family Products, USB MIDI DUO
The recommended Jog Wheel hardware is the ShuttleXpress and ShuttlePro series provided by Contour Design Inc. and is available in most countries. Other configurable jog wheel hardware products for Apple Mac may also be compatible.
Blackmagic Design Intensity
Intensity Shuttle and Intensity Extreme lets you capture and playback in the most incredible quality HDMI and component analog video in both SD and HD.
AVID Pro Tools® (legacy versions)
VoiceQ works with any external Pro Tools system, via a MIDI Interface, irrespective of whether it is on a Windows or MacOS based platform.
VoiceQ is compatible with any version of Pro Tools where separate machines are used.
When using Pro Tools and VoiceQ on the same machine, the minimum Pro Tools version is Pro Tools 11.1.0 64-bit.
AVID Pro Tools® 12
Refer to this link for the hardware requirements for Pro Tools: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/Pro-Tools-12-System-Requirements
AVID Pro Tools® 2020
Refer to this link for the hardware requirements for Pro Tools: http://www.avid.com/
Apple Logic Pro®
Refer to this link for the hardware requirements for Logic Pro X: http://www.apple.com/nz/logic-pro/specs/
iLok License Manager
Required for use with the VoiceQ software to access products.
Required for use with iLok 2.0/3.0 USB
• Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc.
• CSV "comma-separated values" (.csv) files.
• Microsoft Word XML Format DOC "Document file" (.docx, .doc) files.
• Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc. XLS "XML-based spreadsheet" (.xls, xlsx) files.
• Default text editor TXT "text files and binary files" (.txt) files.
• SubRip Files SRT Subtitle file (.srt) files.
• Final Draft FDX Final draft script (.fdx) files.
• TTAL (.ttal) file format
• EBU SEF (.stl) file format
• SMPTE TTS - (.dfxp, .ttml, .xml) files.
• Database format files (.json)
• VoiceQ Sync files from CaptionSync (.vqsync)
NOTE: We dedicate significant engineering resources and time to test and qualify specific platform configurations. While other systems may operate without problems, please understand we can provide better support if you choose to use a tested and qualified system.
Does the use of VoiceQ Applications cause a breach to TPN Assessment?
No, as per MPA guidelines, use of VoiceQ applications do not breach TPN assessment. Cloud-hosted systems and servers are strictly prohibited without the advanced written consent of content owners. Therefore the use of VoiceQ Cloud services may require the approval of the content owner before storing data in the cloud, etc.
I receive a MIDI error in VoiceQ upon playback. How do I fix this?
This can be caused by two variables:
1. Check MIDI beat clock is set to the correct port in ProTools. The Beat Clock controls Playback and often is the cause of this issue. Navigate to 'Setup>MIDI>MIDI Beat Clock...'
2. In the Transport window or Synchronisation options via the transport, you need to select 'GEN MTC'. Once activated both PT and VQ will be in Sync.
Is VoiceQ Writer a cloud based system or native install on a local workstation?
• VoiceQ Writer is a MacOS application, however, we created VoiceQ Cloud as a windows friendly, and cloud-based equivalent.
• VoiceQ Writer (and Pro and Actor) fully integrate with VoiceQ Cloud
• VoiceQ Cloud replicates much but not all of the Mac OS functionality, it does provide advanced project management, collaboration, and reporting functionality
• Voice Cloud is available in 2 forms Manager and Collaborator, the former can set permissions while the latter receives permissions
Recommended MIDI hardware?
We recommend the iConnectivity Mio2. It allows connection between two computers without the need for multiple MIDI senders/receivers.
• Configuration software (download for Mac/PC) makes it simple to create and save routing, merging, and filtering presets. One can be stored on the device and remembered when you power up.
VoiceQ Cloud licensing
1. Clients have the ability to tag in and out different users in Cloud. We can allocate you a large volume of licenses to add as many adaptors/users as desired and the manager of the cloud projects can review the teams that each time milestones are completed.
2. Cloud manager gives the project owners piece of mind by controlling who sees and can edit what on projects via our team’s system.
3. Users need to register to confirm their identity and then they can access and edit projects.
4. Volume can be monitored by VoiceQ Cloud managers.
5. Owners of VoiceQ writer on MacOS can easily access projects in the application and stream the media directly into the system without the need to share scripts and media files.
What do I need to start VoiceQ?
Users will need to sign up and register for an iLok account to use our products. Select the link to register your details and create a user name. Users will then need to download the ilok manager application and follow the installation process. Select the link to download the latest ilok Manager.
Once you have installed the application you need to open it and log in to save your details.
Where do I download VoiceQ software?
New users can download VoiceQ software from our downloads/releases page. You will need to select the version you have purchased a license for. Please note that you will alos need to select the correct application based on the OS you plan to use.
Will a Cloud Manager account allow me to do the adaptation?
Yes, Cloud manager allows for project creation, sharing, editing and adaption all online.
Learn more about cloud on our support page.