Learn how to set-up MIDI connections between DAW applications and VoiceQ Pro.
This tutorial shows you how to integrate Pro Tools and VoiceQ via Local MIDI connection on your mac.
This tutorial shows you how to integrate Pro Tools and VoiceQ via a Network MIDI connection between two mac's.
This tutorial shows you how to integrate Pro Tools and VoiceQ connection via MIDI device between two mac's.
How do i activate MIDI chase from VoiceQ?
Examples of settings to activate when using VoiceQ MIDI chase:
• Chase external Timecode: There is a Chase Icon visible in the lower left corner, you must select this to initiate MIDI/ReWire Chase in DAW programs.
• Selecting MIDI in Preferences: MIDI is active by default, but you can change and view the settings for MIDI connection located here: VoiceQ>Preferences>Global>DAW
Why can't i see chase in Pro Tools when making a selection in VoiceQ?
There are multiple settings that must be activated for Chase to take place between Pro Tools and VoiceQ see the following for details:
Syncronization settings: Be sure that you check both boxes for Machine Chase. To view these navigate to 'Pro Tools>Preferences>Syncronization (tab)'
Reader and Generator ports: Allow the MTC Reader Port to read the correct incoming signal using the dropdown menu. Set both the MTC Reader port and MTC generator port to your currently active MIDI input/output. If you still have an issue with the chase set the MTC Reader to 'Any'. Navigate to 'Setup>Peripherals>Synchronization (tab)'
Machine Control: Be sure that you check both boxes for Machine Control for both Master and Slave. Navigate to 'Setup>Peripherals>Machine Control (tab)'
I can chase but i cannot play from Pro Tools, why is this happening?
This often occurs when the user does not set-up Pro Tools options correctly.
Synchronization: Open 'Pro Tools>Preferences>Synchronization' and be sure to set both Machine Chase/Follow 'On' as per the image below:
Beat Clock: Be sure that you select your network/local MIDI here. The Beat Clock controls Playback and often is the cause of this issue. Navigate to Setup>MIDI>MIDI Beat Clock...
Can i connect via midi to pro tools on windows?
You may run VoiceQ on a mac and connect it to Pro tools on windows but it will require a hardware MIDI connection or third party application to run successfully. We do not recommend it, but it is possible to use it in this configuration.
Download rtpMIDI and set it up just like the macOS set-up guide.
On your mac be sure to turn on both routings:
I'm having issues with sync over two apple devices, how do i maintain sync?
Apple MIDI Studio takes care of the MIDI connection via software. Check the routings are correct. Often you may need to change the Port number. Also check that your firewall allows transmissions between computers in your network.
Do you support Pro Tools | First?
We currently do not support Pro Tools First as it has limited controls and not enough operational control to match VoiceQ. You can use our ReWire plug-in but with Pro Tools First being limited it is hard to take full advantage of all the features in VoiceQ. We recommend running Logic X, Pro Tools & Pro Tools HD.
The video is freezing. Why?
This error is caused by time-code mismatch. Please ensure your timecode matches in both Pro Tools and VoiceQ.
Does the use of VoiceQ Applications cause a breach to TPN Assessment?
No, as per MPA guidelines, use of VoiceQ applications do not breach TPN assessment. Cloud-hosted systems and servers are strictly prohibited without the advanced written consent of content owners. Therefore the use of VoiceQ Cloud services may require the approval of the content owner before storing data in the cloud, etc.
I receive a MIDI error in VoiceQ upon playback. How do I fix this?
This can be caused by two variables:
1. Check MIDI beat clock is set to the correct port in ProTools. The Beat Clock controls Playback and often is the cause of this issue. Navigate to 'Setup>MIDI>MIDI Beat Clock...'
2. In the Transport window or Synchronisation options via the transport, you need to select 'GEN MTC'. Once activated both PT and VQ will be in Sync.
Is VoiceQ Writer a cloud based system or native install on a local workstation?
• VoiceQ Writer is a MacOS application, however, we created VoiceQ Cloud as a windows friendly, and cloud-based equivalent.
• VoiceQ Writer (and Pro and Actor) fully integrate with VoiceQ Cloud
• VoiceQ Cloud replicates much but not all of the Mac OS functionality, it does provide advanced project management, collaboration, and reporting functionality
• Voice Cloud is available in 2 forms Manager and Collaborator, the former can set permissions while the latter receives permissions
Recommended MIDI hardware?
We recommend the iConnectivity Mio2. It allows connection between two computers without the need for multiple MIDI senders/receivers.
• Configuration software (download for Mac/PC) makes it simple to create and save routing, merging, and filtering presets. One can be stored on the device and remembered when you power up.
VoiceQ Cloud licensing
1. Clients have the ability to tag in and out different users in Cloud. We can allocate you a large volume of licenses to add as many adaptors/users as desired and the manager of the cloud projects can review the teams that each time milestones are completed.
2. Cloud manager gives the project owners piece of mind by controlling who sees and can edit what on projects via our team’s system.
3. Users need to register to confirm their identity and then they can access and edit projects.
4. Volume can be monitored by VoiceQ Cloud managers.
5. Owners of VoiceQ writer on MacOS can easily access projects in the application and stream the media directly into the system without the need to share scripts and media files.
What do I need to start VoiceQ?
Users will need to sign up and register for an iLok account to use our products. Select the link to register your details and create a user name. Users will then need to download the ilok manager application and follow the installation process. Select the link to download the latest ilok Manager.
Once you have installed the application you need to open it and log in to save your details.
Where do I download VoiceQ software?
New users can download VoiceQ software from our downloads/releases page. You will need to select the version you have purchased a license for. Please note that you will alos need to select the correct application based on the OS you plan to use.
Will a Cloud Manager account allow me to do the adaptation?
Yes, Cloud manager allows for project creation, sharing, editing and adaption all online.
Learn more about cloud on our support page.