Find out how we protect your assets and run security on our platforms.
MacOS Applications are designed for use on 10.9+. All macOS applications are protected by Apple Notarization.
iLok License Manager is used to protect our software. Activation to a computer, the iLok USB Smart Key, or the iLok Cloud, requires an Internet connection. The iLok Cloud requires a constant Internet connection while the licensed software runs. Users may transfer licenses or allocated them via their own accounts.
All of our servers are within our own virtual private cloud (VPC) with network access control lists (ACL’s) that prevent unauthorized requests getting to our internal network. We have data encryption in TRANSIT, meaning all our data in the database, underlying storage, backups, replicas and snapshots are encrypted.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a security technology that gives our clients the option to keep their accounts secure. We implemented it across VoiceQ Cloud using an email system for accessing the application. Please note: MFA is not available in some European territories.
VoiceQ Cloud is a private content platform. Your content is only available to whom you decide is on your team and whom you share it with. It will not be used for anything except the explicit purpose of your use.
AWS provides services that help you protect your data, accounts, and workloads from unauthorized access.
When a user leaves their browser open it can be vulnerable in the wrong hands. Our system logs the user out after user inactivity and requires the user to login.
Our firewalls allow access only to traffic we expect, and our platform is protected by built-in AWS safeguards (see AWS Network Security).
VoiceQ Cloud scored an "A" rating for security on Qualys SSL ratings systems.
Phishing is used by cybercriminals pretending to be a legitimate website or person. Their goal is to get you to disclose sensitive personal information, such as usernames, passwords and credit cards, or install malware by inviting you to visit fraudulent websites or click on links in emails and messages.
Please use caution when opening suspicious emails or clicking on links or visiting web pages if you think the message may be fake or coming from an untrustworthy sender.
Only use your log-in credentials on VoiceQ Cloud's official website(s) – https://app.voiceqcloud.com/
If you suspect someone is impersonating VoiceQ support or sales, please contact us and we’ll verify the authenticity of the message or website.
Be aware of warning signs of a typical phishing message:
Kiwa Digital/VoiceQ is proud to have an engaged and aware community of customers and users around the world. We appreciate your vigilance and help in keeping you, VoiceQ and our entire community safe from cyber threats.
Does the use of VoiceQ Applications cause a breach to TPN Assessment?
No, as per MPA guidelines, use of VoiceQ applications do not breach TPN assessment. Cloud-hosted systems and servers are strictly prohibited without the advanced written consent of content owners. Therefore the use of VoiceQ Cloud services may require the approval of the content owner before storing data in the cloud, etc.
I receive a MIDI error in VoiceQ upon playback. How do I fix this?
This can be caused by two variables:
1. Check MIDI beat clock is set to the correct port in ProTools. The Beat Clock controls Playback and often is the cause of this issue. Navigate to 'Setup>MIDI>MIDI Beat Clock...'
2. In the Transport window or Synchronisation options via the transport, you need to select 'GEN MTC'. Once activated both PT and VQ will be in Sync.
Is VoiceQ Writer a cloud based system or native install on a local workstation?
• VoiceQ Writer is a MacOS application, however, we created VoiceQ Cloud as a windows friendly, and cloud-based equivalent.
• VoiceQ Writer (and Pro and Actor) fully integrate with VoiceQ Cloud
• VoiceQ Cloud replicates much but not all of the Mac OS functionality, it does provide advanced project management, collaboration, and reporting functionality
• Voice Cloud is available in 2 forms Manager and Collaborator, the former can set permissions while the latter receives permissions
To upgrade your license, you can contact our support team and /or purchase a new license via our purchase portal.
To cancel or suspend your license please fill our cancellation form to confirm with our sales staff. Please note a 48 hour period prior to your next charge is preferred.
Recommended MIDI hardware?
We recommend the iConnectivity Mio2. It allows connection between two computers without the need for multiple MIDI senders/receivers.
• Configuration software (download for Mac/PC) makes it simple to create and save routing, merging, and filtering presets. One can be stored on the device and remembered when you power up.
VoiceQ Cloud licensing
1. Clients have the ability to tag in and out different users in Cloud. We can allocate you a large volume of licenses to add as many adaptors/users as desired and the manager of the cloud projects can review the teams that each time milestones are completed.
2. Cloud manager gives the project owners piece of mind by controlling who sees and can edit what on projects via our team’s system.
3. Users need to register to confirm their identity and then they can access and edit projects.
4. Volume can be monitored by VoiceQ Cloud managers.
5. Owners of VoiceQ writer on MacOS can easily access projects in the application and stream the media directly into the system without the need to share scripts and media files.
What do I need to start VoiceQ?
Users will need to sign up and register for an iLok account to use our products. Select the link to register your details and create a user name. Users will then need to download the ilok manager application and follow the installation process. Select the link to download the latest ilok Manager.
Once you have installed the application you need to open it and log in to save your details.
Where do I download VoiceQ software?
New users can download VoiceQ software from our downloads/releases page. You will need to select the version you have purchased a license for. Please note that you will alos need to select the correct application based on the OS you plan to use.
Will a Cloud Manager account allow me to do the adaptation?
Yes, Cloud manager allows for project creation, sharing, editing and adaption all online.
Learn more about cloud on our support page.