Steps on how to use Matchbox with VoiceQ applications to conform scripts and video.
Matchbox is a Change Management solution, aimed at anyone working in post production.
It compares two versions of a reel or episode and finds every cut change, VFX tweak or dialog slip. It reveals the differences, reporting on the damage, and then retimes your sound mix, compositing work, dialog scripts, closed captions, and anything else created to picture.
Matchbox inherits a lot from Conformalizer 4, our Emmy Award winning reconform tool for sound editors, but is a complete rethink of what Change Management can be. It's a completely new product, designed from the ground up using cutting edge tech and hand-rolled algorithms.
You can purchase Matchbox and view its features and tutorials at the following link: https://www.thecargocult.nz/products/matchbox
Conforming support is a feature that our team at VoiceQ have been working on for use with Matchbox. It allows users to easily export and conform their projects in the industry to conform to format and easily import that data into VoiceQ.
1. Export current text file for conforming from VoiceQ
• Navigate to “File>Export Project…>Text for Conforming”
• Select ‘Export’ and save the text file.
• Open Matchbox application
2. Switch Matchbox to “conform type - file, tab-separated”
3. Load .conform file if previously created then skip to step 7, otherwise do 4, 5, 6
4. Load old EDL into OLD panel
5. Load new EDL into the NEW panel
6. Switch to the change panel and "compare"
7. Hit the CONFORM button
• Matchbox will then ask you to locate the file, conform it and save a new file next to it with the _conf suffix.
8. Import the conformed text data back into VoiceQ
1. This only affects the timing of the existing lines.
2. If the line is missing by the conforming (editing) you can choose what to do for the affected lines.
Can I open “VoiceQ Project 3.0” format with older series and versions of VoiceQ?
No, VoiceQ 6.1.0 will be the first version ever to export in the “VoiceQ Project 3.0” format. Users wishing to open projects created in “VoiceQ Project 3.0” format will need to upgrade to version 6.1+. Users can choose which format to save in if they wish to send the project to a user on an older version. If you are having loading issues from external drives or cloud drives we recommend using the new “VoiceQ Project 3.0“ file format over the legacy “VoiceQ Project 2.0” file format.
Can i connect VoiceQ via midi to pro tools on windows?
You may run VoiceQ on a mac and connect it to Pro tools on windows but it will require a hardware MIDI connection or third party application to run successfully. We do not recommend it, but it is possible to use it in this configuration.
Does the use of VoiceQ Applications cause a breach to TPN Assessment?
No, as per MPA guidelines, use of VoiceQ applications do not breach TPN assessment. Cloud-hosted systems and servers are strictly prohibited without the advanced written consent of content owners. Therefore the use of VoiceQ Cloud services may require the approval of the content owner before storing data in the cloud, etc.
How do I cancel or suspend my license?
To cancel or suspend your license please fill our cancellation form to confirm with our sales staff. Please note that you must provide us with at least 10 days prior notice before your cancellation request will become effective.
VoiceQ will generally offer refunds for any purchase within the previous 30 days, to any customer who accidentally purchased the wrong product or discovered after purchasing that the product did not work as expected. A service fee may be deducted where our payments provider refuses to refund their own fees.
How does VoiceQ Cloud licensing work?
1. Clients have the ability to tag in and out different users in Cloud. We can allocate you a large volume of licenses to add as many adaptors/users as desired and the manager of the cloud projects can review the teams that each time milestones are completed.
2. Cloud manager gives the project owners piece of mind by controlling who sees and can edit what on projects via our team’s system.
3. Users need to register to confirm their identity and then they can access and edit projects.
4. Volume can be monitored by VoiceQ Cloud managers.
5. Owners of VoiceQ writer on MacOS can easily access projects in the application and stream the media directly into the system without the need to share scripts and media files.
I receive a MIDI error in VoiceQ upon playback. How do I fix this?
This can be caused by two variables:
1. Check MIDI beat clock is set to the correct port in ProTools. The Beat Clock controls Playback and often is the cause of this issue. Navigate to 'Setup>MIDI>MIDI Beat Clock...'
2. In the Transport window or Synchronisation options via the transport, you need to select 'GEN MTC'. Once activated both PT and VQ will be in Sync.
Is VoiceQ Writer a cloud based system or native install on a local workstation?
• VoiceQ Writer is a MacOS application, however, we created VoiceQ Cloud as a windows friendly, and cloud-based equivalent.
• VoiceQ Writer (and Pro and Actor) fully integrate with VoiceQ Cloud
• VoiceQ Cloud replicates much but not all of the Mac OS functionality, it does provide advanced project management, collaboration, and reporting functionality
• Voice Cloud is available in 2 forms Manager and Collaborator, the former can set permissions while the latter receives permissions
What do I need to start VoiceQ?
Users will need to sign up and register for an iLok account to use our products. Select the link to register your details and create a user name. Users will then need to download the ilok manager application and follow the installation process. Select the link to download the latest ilok Manager.
Once you have installed the application you need to open it and log in to save your details.
What is VoiceQ Project 3.0?
The new file format is a “VoiceQ Project 3.0 file” which securely contains all project data. It is designed to be more efficient and easier for the application to access than the legacy “VoiceQ Project 2.0 ” file format. If you save a VoiceQ project in the new “VoiceQ Project 3.0“ file format you will witness faster load times from external drives and local devices. You will see faster load times, consistent media connection and increased stability when working across multiple devices such as Avid Nexis and Enterprise servers. Our apple silicon version also uses “VoiceQ Project 3.0” as its default to future-proof projects.
Where do I download VoiceQ software?
New users can download VoiceQ software from our downloads/releases page. You will need to select the version you have purchased a license for. Please note that you will alos need to select the correct application based on the OS you plan to use.
Will a Cloud Manager account allow me to do the adaptation?
Yes, Cloud manager allows for project creation, sharing, editing and adaption all online.