Guide to set-up Automatic-Sync
This guide helps users to sign-up and explore new technology which delivers best in class “word by word Sync” for accurate use in VoiceQ.
This builds on our current Auto-sync tool which can be constrained if the audio and text are not imported in the correct way and/or format.
VoiceQ Navigator enables to import of generic word level timing files (.vqsync). Users can import scripts without time-code and then edit them in VoiceQ.
Pricing ranges between $1.40 - $3.95 per minute of media based on
- Type of Project: Captioning Only (Have transcript), Transcript Only, Captioning and Transcription (need transcript), and Production Transcripts
- Expected turnaround time; 1 hour to 4 days
For a detailed pricing quote view:
Also for a comprehensive guide on CaptionSync go to the following link:
We are interested to get you feedback on:
- Overall user experience
- Ease of implementation
- Workflow performance compared to current workflow
- Other types of scripts we should support
Using the CaptionSync file with VoiceQ:
- Open VoiceQ and create a new project
- Import your media file and set you start time accordingly
- Import your script file (non-timed file)
- Navigate to File>Export>Export for Sync Analysis…
- Save the files and save your project.
Complete the section below and create a word timing file then head back to VoiceQ.
Drag and drop your VoiceQ Sync file (.vqsync) file and edit any timings that are incorrect.
You should now have a synced project to use and would have saved hours of manual work.
How to sign up:
- Navigate to https://www.automaticsync.com/captionsync/
- Then select ‘Login>Sign Up’
- On the next page select ‘Account Setup’
- Then enter your details. Under “Type of account” select ‘Web Captions’
- In the Reference Code field, enter: VoiceQ
- Once you fill out your details select ‘Apply for account’
- When your account has been set up you will be contacted by one of their sales team. Simply tell them you have been referred by the team at VoiceQ and they should set you up.
- Once completed - You can then log-in to your account
- When you have logged in you will see a Captioning Submission section available
- Select ‘Captioning Only’ and navigate to ‘Advanced Settings…’ as shown on the left hand side.
- In that section: Select ‘Remove All’ then locate ‘VoiceQ output (.vqsync)’ and Add it to your chosen outputs.
Note: You can offset the timing on the Broadcast tab if your start-time differs from 00:00:00:00
- Head back to the Captioning Submission page and upload your script (Non-timed script) and your audio file (Audio file used in VoiceQ project)
- Enter a quick description in the header
- Submit your media and script and wait for it to upload.
- Once completed you will receive a confirmation (as shown below)
You will then need to wait a few minutes for your sync to complete. You will then receive an email with your Sync (.vqsync) file.