Gain certified learnings when using VoiceQ applications
Does the use of VoiceQ Applications cause a breach to TPN Assessment?
No, as per MPA guidelines, use of VoiceQ applications do not breach TPN assessment. Cloud-hosted systems and servers are strictly prohibited without the advanced written consent of content owners. Therefore the use of VoiceQ Cloud services may require the approval of the content owner before storing data in the cloud, etc.
I receive a MIDI error in VoiceQ upon playback. How do I fix this?
This can be caused by two variables:
1. Check MIDI beat clock is set to the correct port in ProTools. The Beat Clock controls Playback and often is the cause of this issue. Navigate to 'Setup>MIDI>MIDI Beat Clock...'
2. In the Transport window or Synchronisation options via the transport, you need to select 'GEN MTC'. Once activated both PT and VQ will be in Sync.
Is VoiceQ Writer a cloud based system or native install on a local workstation?
• VoiceQ Writer is a MacOS application, however, we created VoiceQ Cloud as a windows friendly, and cloud-based equivalent.
• VoiceQ Writer (and Pro and Actor) fully integrate with VoiceQ Cloud
• VoiceQ Cloud replicates much but not all of the Mac OS functionality, it does provide advanced project management, collaboration, and reporting functionality
• Voice Cloud is available in 2 forms Manager and Collaborator, the former can set permissions while the latter receives permissions
Recommended MIDI hardware?
We recommend the iConnectivity Mio2. It allows connection between two computers without the need for multiple MIDI senders/receivers.
• Configuration software (download for Mac/PC) makes it simple to create and save routing, merging, and filtering presets. One can be stored on the device and remembered when you power up.
VoiceQ Cloud licensing
1. Clients have the ability to tag in and out different users in Cloud. We can allocate you a large volume of licenses to add as many adaptors/users as desired and the manager of the cloud projects can review the teams that each time milestones are completed.
2. Cloud manager gives the project owners piece of mind by controlling who sees and can edit what on projects via our team’s system.
3. Users need to register to confirm their identity and then they can access and edit projects.
4. Volume can be monitored by VoiceQ Cloud managers.
5. Owners of VoiceQ writer on MacOS can easily access projects in the application and stream the media directly into the system without the need to share scripts and media files.
What do I need to start VoiceQ?
Users will need to sign up and register for an iLok account to use our products. Select the link to register your details and create a user name. Users will then need to download the ilok manager application and follow the installation process. Select the link to download the latest ilok Manager.
Once you have installed the application you need to open it and log in to save your details.
Where do I download VoiceQ software?
New users can download VoiceQ software from our downloads/releases page. You will need to select the version you have purchased a license for. Please note that you will alos need to select the correct application based on the OS you plan to use.
Will a Cloud Manager account allow me to do the adaptation?
Yes, Cloud manager allows for project creation, sharing, editing and adaption all online.
Learn more about cloud on our support page.